Ohr Pharmaceutical, Inc. 8-K
NEUBASE THERAPEUTICS, INC.
THIS SUPPORT AGREEMENT (“Agreement”), dated as of January 2, 2019 is made by and among Ohr Pharmaceutical, Inc., a Delaware corporation (“Parent”), NeuBase Therapeutics, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the “Company”), and the undersigned holders (each a “Stockholder”) of shares of capital stock of the Company or securities convertible or exercisable for shares of capital stock of the Company (the “Shares”).
WHEREAS, Parent, Ohr Acquisition Corp., a Delaware corporation and a wholly owned subsidiary of Parent (“Merger Sub”), and the Company have entered into an Agreement and Plan of Merger and Reorganization, dated of even date herewith (the “Merger Agreement”), providing for the merger of Merger Sub with and into the Company (the “Merger”);
WHEREAS, each Stockholder beneficially owns and has sole or shared voting power with respect to the number of Shares indicated opposite such Stockholder’s name on Schedule 1 attached hereto;
WHEREAS, as an inducement and a condition to the willingness of Parent, Merger Sub and the Company to enter into the Merger Agreement, and in consideration of the substantial expenses incurred and to be incurred by them in connection therewith, each Stockholder has agreed to enter into and perform this Agreement; and
WHEREAS, all capitalized terms used in this Agreement without definition herein shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Merger Agreement.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of, and as a condition to, Parent’s, Merger Sub’s and the Company’s entering into the Merger Agreement and proceeding with the transactions contemplated thereby, and in consideration of the expenses incurred and to be incurred by them in connection therewith, each Stockholder, Parent and the Company agree as follows:
1. Agreement to Vote Shares. Each Stockholder agrees that, prior to the Expiration Date (as defined in Section 2 below), at any meeting of the stockholders of the Company or any adjournment or postponement thereof, or in connection with any written consent of the stockholders of the Company, with respect to the Merger, the Merger Agreement or any Acquisition Proposal, such Stockholder shall:
(a) appear at such meeting or otherwise cause the Shares and any New Shares (as defined in Section 3 below) to be counted as present thereat for purposes of calculating a quorum; and
(b) from and after the date hereof until the Expiration Date, vote (or cause to be voted), or deliver a written consent (or cause a written consent to be delivered) covering all of the Shares and any New Shares that such Stockholder shall be entitled to so vote (or have the power or authority to cause to be voted): (i) in favor of the adoption of the Merger Agreement and approval of the Merger and, if required, the Financing; (ii) against any action or agreement that, to the knowledge of such Stockholder, would reasonably be expected to result in a breach in any material respect of any covenant, representation or warranty or any other obligation or agreement of the Company or any of its Subsidiaries or affiliates under the Merger Agreement or that would reasonably be expected to result in any of the conditions to the Company’s or any of its Subsidiaries’ or affiliates’ obligations under the Merger Agreement not being fulfilled; and (iii) against any Acquisition Proposal, or any agreement, transaction or other matter that is intended to, or would reasonably be expected to, impede, interfere with, delay, postpone, discourage or materially and adversely affect the consummation of the Merger and all other transactions contemplated by the Merger Agreement. Such Stockholder shall not take or commit or agree to take any action inconsistent with the foregoing.
2. Expiration Date. As used in this Agreement, the term “Expiration Date” shall mean the earlier to occur of (a) the Effective Time, (b) such date and time as the Merger Agreement shall be terminated pursuant to Article 7 thereof or otherwise, or (c) upon mutual written agreement of the parties to terminate this Agreement. Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement, no party shall have any further obligations or liabilities under this Agreement; provided, however, such termination or expiration shall not relieve any party from liability for any willful breach of this Agreement or acts of bad faith prior to termination hereof.
3. Additional Purchases. Each Stockholder agrees that any shares of capital stock or other equity securities of the Company that such Stockholder purchases or with respect to which such Stockholder otherwise acquires sole or shared voting power after the execution of this Agreement and prior to the Expiration Date, whether by the exercise of any stock options or otherwise (“New Shares”), shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement to the same extent as if they constituted the Shares.
4. Agreement to Retain Shares. From and after the date hereof until the Expiration Date, each Stockholder shall not, directly or indirectly, (a) sell, assign, transfer, tender, or otherwise dispose of (including, without limitation, by the creation of any Liens (as defined in Section 5(c) below)) any Shares or any New Shares acquired, (b) deposit any Shares or New Shares into a voting trust or enter into a voting agreement or similar arrangement with respect to such Shares or New Shares or grant any proxy or power of attorney with respect thereto (other than this Agreement), (c) enter into any contract, option, commitment or other arrangement or understanding with respect to the direct or indirect sale, transfer, assignment or other disposition of (including, without limitation, by the creation of any Liens) any Shares or New Shares, or (d) take any action that would make any representation or warranty of such Stockholder contained herein untrue or incorrect or have the effect of preventing or disabling such Stockholder from performing such Stockholder’s obligations under this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each Stockholder may make (a) transfers by will or by operation of law or other transfers for estate-planning purposes, in which case this Agreement shall bind the transferee, (b) if such Stockholder is a partnership or limited liability company, a transfer to one or more partners or members of such Stockholder or to an affiliated corporation, trust or other business entity under common control with such Stockholder, or if such Stockholder is a trust, a transfer to a beneficiary, provided that in each such case the applicable transferee has signed a support agreement in substantially the form hereof, (c) transfers to another holder of the capital stock of the Company that has signed a support agreement in substantially the form hereof, and (d) transfers, sales or other dispositions as the Company may otherwise agree in writing in its sole discretion.
5. Representations and Warranties of each Stockholder. Each Stockholder hereby represents and warrants to Parent and the Company as follows:
(a) such Stockholder has the full power and authority to execute and deliver this Agreement and to perform such Stockholder’s obligations hereunder;
(b) this Agreement has been duly executed and delivered by or on behalf of such Stockholder and, to such Stockholder’s knowledge and assuming this Agreement constitutes a valid and binding agreement of the Company and Parent, constitutes a valid and binding agreement with respect to such Stockholder, enforceable against such Stockholder in accordance with its terms, except as enforcement may be limited by general principles of equity whether applied in a court of law or a court of equity and by bankruptcy, insolvency and similar laws affecting creditors’ rights and remedies generally;
(c) such Stockholder owns, beneficially or of record, the number of Shares indicated opposite such Stockholder’s name on Schedule 1 attached hereto, and will own any New Shares, free and clear of any liens, claims, charges or other encumbrances or restrictions of any kind whatsoever (“Liens”), and has sole or shared, and otherwise unrestricted, voting power with respect to such Shares or New Shares and none of the Shares or New Shares is subject to any voting trust or other agreement, arrangement or restriction with respect to the voting of the Shares or the New Shares, except as contemplated by this Agreement;
(d) to the knowledge of such Stockholder, the execution and delivery of this Agreement by such Stockholder does not, and the performance by such Stockholder of such Stockholder’s obligations hereunder and the compliance by such Stockholder with any provisions hereof will not, violate or conflict with, result in a material breach of or constitute a default (or an event that with notice or lapse of time or both would become a material default) under, or give to others any rights of termination, amendment, acceleration or cancellation of, or result in the creation of any Liens on any Shares or New Shares pursuant to, any agreement, instrument, note, bond, mortgage, contract, lease, license, permit or other obligation or any order, arbitration award, judgment or decree to which such Stockholder is a party or by which such Stockholder is bound, or any law, statute, rule or regulation to which such Stockholder is subject or, in the event that such Stockholder is a corporation, partnership, trust or other entity, any bylaw or other organizational document of such Stockholder; and
(e) to the knowledge of such Stockholder, the execution and delivery of this Agreement by such Stockholder does not, and the performance of this Agreement by such Stockholder does not and will not, require any consent, approval, authorization or permit of, or filing with or notification to, any governmental or regulatory authority by such Stockholder except for applicable requirements, if any, of the Exchange Act, and except where the failure to obtain such consents, approvals, authorizations or permits, or to make such filings or notifications, would not prevent or delay the performance by such Stockholder of such Stockholder’s obligations under this Agreement in any material respect.
6. Irrevocable Proxy. Subject to the penultimate sentence of this Section 6, by execution of this Agreement, each Stockholder does hereby appoint the Company with full power of substitution and resubstitution, as such Stockholder’s true and lawful attorney and irrevocable proxy, to the fullest extent of the undersigned’s rights with respect to the Shares, to vote, if such Stockholder is unable to perform such Stockholder’s obligations under this Agreement and, if and only if, such Stockholder fails to vote all of such Stockholder’s Shares (or New Shares, if any) or execute such other instruments in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement, such Shares solely with respect to the matters set forth in Section 1 above. Each Stockholder intends this proxy to be irrevocable and coupled with an interest hereunder until the Expiration Date and hereby revokes any proxy previously granted by such Stockholder with respect to the Shares and New Shares, if any. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, this irrevocable proxy shall automatically terminate upon the Expiration Date of this Agreement. Each Stockholder hereby revokes any proxies previously granted and represents that none of such previously-granted proxies are irrevocable.
7. Waiver of Appraisal Rights; No Legal Actions.
(a) Each Stockholder hereby waives, and agrees not to exercise or assert, any appraisal rights under applicable law, including Section 262 of the DGCL in connection with the Merger.
(b) Each Stockholder will not in such Stockholder’s capacity as a stockholder of the Company bring, commence, institute, maintain, prosecute or voluntarily aid any Legal Proceeding which (i) challenges the validity or seeks to enjoin the operation of any provision of this Agreement or (ii) alleges that the execution and delivery of this agreement by such Stockholder, either alone or together with the other support agreements and proxies to be delivered in connection with the execution of the Merger Agreement, or the approval of the Merger Agreement by the Board of Directors of the Company, constitutes a breach of any fiduciary duty of the Board of Directors of the Company or any member thereof.
8. Other Remedies; Specific Performance. All rights and remedies existing under this Agreement are cumulative to, and not exclusive of, any rights or remedies otherwise available. Each party to this Agreement agree that, in the event of any breach or threatened breach by the other party of any covenant, obligation or other provision set forth in this Agreement: (a) such party will be entitled, without any proof of actual damages (and in addition to any other remedy that may be available to it) to: (i) a decree or order of specific performance or mandamus to enforce the observance and performance of such covenant, obligation or other provision; and (ii) an injunction restraining such breach or threatened breach; and (b) such party will not be required to provide any bond or other security in connection with any such decree, order or injunction or in connection with any related action or Legal Proceeding.
9. Directors and Officers. This Agreement shall apply to each Stockholder solely in such Stockholder’s capacity as a stockholder of the Company and not in such Stockholder’s capacity as a director, officer or employee of the Company. Notwithstanding any provision of this Agreement to the contrary, nothing in this Agreement shall (or require a Stockholder to attempt to) limit or restrict a director and/or officer of the Company in the exercise of such Stockholder’s fiduciary duties consistent with the terms of the Merger Agreement as a director and/or officer of the Company or prevent or be construed to create any obligation on the part of any director and/or officer of the Company or any trustee or fiduciary of any employee benefit plan or trust from taking any action in such Stockholder’s capacity as such director, officer, trustee and/or fiduciary.
10. No Ownership Interest. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be deemed to vest in the Company any direct or indirect ownership or incidence of ownership of or with respect to any Shares. All rights, ownership and economic benefits of and relating to the Shares shall remain vested in and belong to each Stockholder, and the Company does not have authority to manage, direct, superintend, restrict, regulate, govern, or administer any of the policies or operations of Parent or exercise any power or authority to direct such Stockholder in the voting of any of the Shares, except as otherwise provided herein.
11. Termination. This Agreement shall terminate and shall have no further force or effect as of the Expiration Date. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing set forth in this Section 11 or elsewhere in this Agreement shall relieve either party hereto from any liability, or otherwise limit the liability of either party from any liability for any intentional breach of any obligation or other provision contained in this Agreement.
12. Further Assurances. Each Stockholder shall, from time to time, execute and deliver, or cause to be executed and delivered, such additional or further consents, documents and other instruments as the Company or Parent may reasonably request for the purpose of effectively carrying out the transactions contemplated by this Agreement and the Merger Agreement.
13. Disclosure. Each Stockholder hereby agrees that Parent and the Company may publish and disclose in any registration statement, any resale registration statement relating thereto (including all documents and schedules filed with the SEC), the Proxy Statement, any prospectus filed with any regulatory authority in connection with the Merger and any related documents filed with such regulatory authority and as otherwise required by law, such Stockholder’s identity and ownership of Shares and the nature of such Stockholder’s commitments, arrangements and understandings under this Agreement and may further file this Agreement as an exhibit to the Proxy Statement or prospectus or in any other filing made by Parent or the Company as required by law or the terms of the Merger Agreement, including with the SEC or other regulatory authority, relating to the Merger, all subject to prior review and an opportunity to comment by such Stockholder’s counsel.
14. Notice. Any notice or other communication required or permitted to be delivered to any Party under this Agreement will be in writing and will be deemed properly delivered, given and received: (a) if delivered by hand, when delivered; (b) if sent on a Business Day by email before 11:59 p.m. (recipient’s time), when transmitted; (c) if sent by email on a day other than a Business Day, or if sent by email after 11:59 p.m. (recipient’s time), on the Business Day following the date; (d) if sent by registered, certified or first class mail, the third Business Day after being sent; and (e) if sent by overnight delivery via a national courier service, one Business Day after being sent, in each case, for the Company or Parent, at the address or email set forth in with Section 9.1 of the Merger Agreement, and for each Stockholder, at its address or email set forth on Schedule 1 attached hereto (or at such other address or email for a party as shall be specified by like notice).
15. Severability. If any term or other provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal or incapable of being enforced by any rule of law, or public policy, all other conditions and provisions of this Agreement will nevertheless remain in full force and effect so long as the economic or legal substance of the transactions contemplated hereby is not affected in any manner adverse to any party. Upon such determination that any term or other provision is invalid, illegal or incapable of being enforced, the parties hereto will negotiate in good faith to modify this Agreement so as to effect the original intent of the parties as closely as possible in an acceptable manner to the end that transactions contemplated hereby are fulfilled to the extent possible.
16. Assignability. This Agreement shall be binding upon, and shall be enforceable by and inure solely to the benefit of, the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns; provided, however, that neither this Agreement nor any of a party’s rights or obligations hereunder may be assigned or delegated by such party without the prior written consent of the other parties hereto, and any attempted assignment or delegation of this Agreement or any of such rights or obligations by such party without the other party’s prior written consent shall be void and of no effect. This Agreement will be binding upon and inure solely to the benefit of each party hereto, and nothing in this Agreement, expressed or implied, is intended to or will confer upon any other person any right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of this Agreement.
17. No Waivers. No failure or delay on the part of any party hereto in the exercise of any right hereunder will impair such right or be construed to be a waiver of, or acquiescence in, any breach of any representation, warranty or agreement herein, nor will any single or partial exercise of any such right preclude other or further exercise thereof or of any other right.
18. Applicable Law; Jurisdiction. This Agreement and the relationship of the parties hereto shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware applicable to a contract executed and performed in such State without giving effect to the conflicts of laws principles thereof, which would result in the applicability of the laws of another jurisdiction. Any action, suit or other Legal Proceeding relating to this Agreement or the enforcement of any provision of this Agreement will be brought or otherwise commenced exclusively in the courts of the State of Delaware located in Wilmington County. Each party to this Agreement: (i) expressly and irrevocably consents and submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such court (and each appellate court therefrom) in connection with any such action, suit or Legal Proceeding; (ii) agrees that such court will be deemed to be a convenient forum; and (iii) agrees not to assert (by way of motion, as a defense or otherwise), in any such action, suit or Legal Proceeding commenced in any such court, any claim that such party is not subject personally to the jurisdiction of such court, that such action, suit or Legal Proceeding has been brought in an inconvenient forum, that the venue of such action, suit or other Legal Proceeding is improper or that this Agreement or the subject matter of this Agreement may not be enforced in or by such court.
19. WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL. EACH OF THE PARTIES HERETO HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVES, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LEGAL REQUIREMENTS, ANY AND ALL RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY ACTION, SUIT OR OTHER LEGAL PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED HEREBY.
20. Entire Agreement; Counterparts; Exchanges by Facsimile. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement and supersedes all prior agreements and undertakings, both written and oral, among the parties, or any of them, with respect to the subject matter hereof and, except as otherwise expressly provided herein, are not intended to confer upon any other person any rights or remedies hereunder. This Agreement may be executed in one or more counterparts, and by the different parties hereto in separate counterparts and by facsimile or electronic (i.e., PDF) transmission, each of which when executed will be deemed to be an original but all of which taken together will constitute one and the same agreement.
21. Amendment. This Agreement may not be amended, supplemented or modified, and no provisions hereof may be modified or waived, except by an instrument in writing signed on behalf of each party hereto.
22. Not a Voting Trust. This Agreement is not a voting trust governed by Section 218 of the General Corporation Law of the State of Delaware and should not be interpreted as such.
23. Definition of Merger Agreement. For purposes of this Agreement, the term “Merger Agreement” may include such agreement as amended or modified as long as such amendments or modifications (a) do not (i) change the form of consideration or (ii) change the Exchange Ratio in a manner adverse to a Stockholder, or (b) have been agreed to in writing by such Stockholder.
(a) For purposes of this Agreement, whenever the context requires: the singular number will include the plural, and vice versa; the masculine gender will include the feminine and neuter genders; the feminine gender will include the masculine and neuter genders; and the neuter gender will include masculine and feminine genders.
(b) The parties hereto agree that any rule of construction to the effect that ambiguities are to be resolved against the drafting party will not be applied in the construction or interpretation of this Agreement.
(c) As used in this Agreement, the words “include” and “including”, and variations thereof, will not be deemed to be terms of limitation, but rather will be deemed to be followed by the words “without limitation.”
(d) Except as otherwise indicated, all references in this Agreement to “Sections,” “Exhibits” and “Schedules” are intended to refer to Sections of this Agreement and Exhibits or Schedules to this Agreement, respectively.
(e) The bold-faced headings contained in this Agreement are for convenience of reference only, shall not be deemed to be a part of this Agreement and shall not be referred to in connection with the construction or interpretation of this Agreement.
[Remainder of Page has Intentionally Been Left Blank]
EXECUTED as of the date first above written.
Signature Page to Support Agreement
EXECUTED as of the date first above written.
|OHR PHARMACEUTICAL, INC.|
|NEUBASE THERAPEUTICS, INC.|
|Title:||Chief Executive Officer|
Signature Page to Support Agreement
|Name and Address of Stockholder||Shares|